Contact Phil Brown the National Coordinator for further details: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 0161 747 9332
Public Speaking Competitions
Competitions are organised in all areas of the UK by local Catenians and Schools and Colleges are contacted directly with details of how to participate. The winners of these Regional Competitions are invited to the National Final held in Manchester.
Comments made about the National Competition are below:
Comments from Students
- Everyone was very kind and welcoming. It was well organised and a great experience.
- The organisation, venue and the categories were good.
- Thanks for the great opportunity.
- I was overwhelmed by how friendly and supportive everybody was.
- I relished the opportunity to listen to the speeches of many others.
- It is a day I will look fondly on for years to come.
Comments from Parents:
- My first time attending and I have been blown away with the standard and quality of the young people.
- Fantastic performances of a very high standard - Great opportunity for the youngsters.
- Great opportunity for young Catholics to get great experience.
- Fantastic to see young people shine. Great opportunity for Catholic youths to get together.
- Superb opportunity and challenge for the contestants.
- Feedback from adjudicators very helpful, encouraging but also honest and clear.
- I would like to thank the Catenians so much for organising the Public Speaking events. My daughter was a student that participated and it gave her a chance to do something she probably would never have imagined doing before, being such a shy person. The organisation was excellent and the welcome by everyone was lovely.
Comment from a tutor
- Thank you for the opportunities you provide for so many students. It's amazing how many go on to excellent careers. partly because they develop the confidence and skills that come from public speaking. May you continue such excellent work!
Picture of all contestants, adjudicators and NP.
The 2017 contestants with the adjudicators (back row from the middle to the right) Rt Rev John Arnold, Bishop of Salford, Wendy Sutcliffe, Prof. Lord David Alton and National President of The Catenian Association Peter Rogers.
Picture of winners
From left to right: 2nd Peter Savery, St. Bede’s College, Bristol, 1st Miriam Isaacs, Princethorpe College, Rugby, 3rd Daniel Clark, St. Mary’s HS, Chesterfield.